Friday, May 18, 2012

The German Language as a Second Language

The Maibaum - Festival time in GermanyOne of the best things I've ever done for myself was to learn a second language. The German language makes a great second language. Since I've been able to read, write and speak German, I've been able to enjoy a very wonderful culture in a way that I could not have experienced with just knowing English. Having German as a second language really comes in handy. Now I can read German books, stories and newspapers in German. I even have a subscription to a German newspaper. And if you ever watch World War II movies, its inevitable that there will be some dialog in German. Its really cool to be able to understand the German being spoken. As far as taking a vacation to Germany. Well, hey, I can just rattle off all day long in German with friends and people I meet.

Its not that hard to learn effective German. If you too want to enjoy the German language as a second language, Rocket German is the right place to get started in a jiffy! Give it a shot!

The German language gets easier and more fun each day I learn it. Now that I'm always hearing German, reading German and speaking German, the German language has become a way of life for me. If you are beginning your adventure with the German language, and get stuck on a certain point or difficulty (as happens with everybody), please feel free to ask me a question here on this blog. I've had an exciting adventure with the German language and would like to share it with others!

Auf Wiederhören!

No comments: